[keycloak-user] 4.6.0 Upgrade disables client scopes

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 08:18:53 EST 2018

No, it doesn't need to be updated in any profile like Token Exchange.

Question is, from which version you upgraded? Note that during upgrade
to 4.0.0, the realm default client scopes are not automatically linked
to the clients. Thing is, that clients from previous version already has
some protocolMappers defined on them, so the clientScopes are not added
to it. You may need to do change your clients manually and remove
protocolMappers from them and link them to default client scopes.

Just the new clients, which you will create now through admin UI, will
have the client scopes added to them. See details in the docs:
https://www.keycloak.org/docs/latest/upgrading/index.html#client-templates-changed-to-client-scopes

BTV. When you're on client, you can click to "Client Scopes" and then
"Evaluate" to see what are applied client scopes and check what
clientScopes will be applied based on the value of "scope" parameter.

Marek