[keycloak-user] difference between the x509 Client Certificate authentication and X509 Client Authenticator

Meissa M'baye Sakho msakho at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 08:15:43 EDT 2018

Hello Everyone,
I'm wondering about the difference between the newly released featureX509
Client Authenticator in the 4.3 version and the x509 Client *Certificate*
Authentication that has been released for a while.

I know that the x509 Client *Certificate* Authentication when enabled will
allow user to authenticate  upon a client certificate. They will then don't
need to give a login/password.

But I don't see the x509 Client Authentication description somewhere.

Any input?
Regards,