[keycloak-user] Temporarily Locked response from openid-connect

Dmitry Telegin dt at acutus.pro
Sun Oct 28 17:22:46 EDT 2018

Hello Hylton,

The change was intentional, see this: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-5284

For Keycloak 3.4.1+, you can restore previous behavior by forking pre-3.4.1 ValidateUsername [1], deploying it as a custom authenticator and configuring your client's direct grant flow to use it.

Please beware that by doing so you could potentially re-introduce the security issue addressed by KEYCLOAK-5284 (unless of course your client is confidential).

[1] https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/services/src/main/java/org/keycloak/authentication/authenticators/directgrant/ValidateUsername.java

Cheers,
Dmitry Telegin
CTO, Acutus s.r.o.
Keycloak Consulting and Training

Pod lipami street 339/52, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic
+42 (022) 888-30-71
E-mail: info at acutus.pro