[keycloak-user] kcinit status

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Jan 2 12:19:00 EST 2019

Yes I filed jira tickets. they have been sitting around for a while.

kcinit does seem quite important if you want to use keycloak for kubernetes authentication and want to support the command line. It is troubling to hear it is not going to be a focus for a year. Maybe its because openshift would use it in a slightly different way then vanilla k8s would. But since keycloak is trying to become part of the cncf, that would be an important thing to support I think. I am trying to use keycloak with a vanilla kubernetes and support both the cli and the web ui securely.

I might be willing to contribute to it too if that would help move things along. Its been unclear though that such contributions would be welcome?

Thanks,
Kevin