[keycloak-user] How to deploy new keycloak.json

Luis Rodríguez Fernández uo67113 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:24:47 EDT 2019

Hello Paras,

Yes, definitely quickstarts and latest documentation are good places to
start.

There is also a keycloak docker image [1]. Just creating the admin user and
adding your json should be enough for you:
docker run -e KEYCLOAK_USER=<USERNAME> -e KEYCLOAK_PASSWORD<PASSWORD> \
 -e KEYCLOAK_IMPORT=/tmp/example-realm.json -v
/tmp/example-realm.json:/tmp/example-realm.json jboss/keycloak

As well you can run it from sources using maven [2]:

mvn -f keycloak/testsuite/utils/pom.xml exec:java -Pkeycloak-server
-Dimport=/tmp/example-realm.json

Hope it helps,

Luis

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/jboss/keycloak/
[2]
https://db-blog.web.cern.ch/blog/luis-rodriguez-fernandez/2018-12-testing-web-applications-sso-keycloak

El mié., 13 mar. 2019 a las 20:16, Bruno Oliveira (<bruno at abstractj.org>)
escribió:

> Hi Paras, I'd suggest to look at the quickstarts. They may provide some
> guidance https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak-quickstarts.
>
> Also, the latest docs are here:
> https://www.keycloak.org/documentation.html
>

> On 2019-03-13, Paras Jain wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running keycloak in standalone mode. As per
> >
> https://www.keycloak.org/docs/2.5/securing_apps/topics/oidc/java/java-adapter-config.html
> > I have copied the client config from admin console and created a
> > keycloak.json. But I don't know where to put this file for it to take
> > effect. Is there any documentation for that?
> >
> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, is for the
> sole
> > use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
> > privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any
> unauthorized
> > review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
> the
> > intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies and
> > the original message.

> abstractj

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

- Samuel Beckett