[netty-dev] Problem during connection to the server which hangs the server

Frederic Bregier fredbregier at free.fr
Tue Oct 21 12:44:12 EDT 2008

Hi Trustin,
Again me.

I've tested with only one user (so one connection at a time).
The behaviour is almost the same:

- at 2350 request, it blocks with a timeout of 20s from the client side
point of view
- again at 4700 request.
I don't know the reason of this number (4700/2 = 2350).
Every transaction has a time of 46ms.
- From the server side: no trace at all... except that it logs that 2
sessions
close themselves without correctly finishing their business work.

No hangs on server side is visible, but the problem is still there every
2350 connections (cannot finish the connection due to a timeout without
reason
and less than the value set to the channel 20s<30s).
I ran again with two users (two connections), again around 2350 (2365
according to
jmeter), it produces the same behaviour (timeout) without the Server hang.

When I use the pooled version (so 1 connection that is never closed), I ran
more than
10 000 requests without any problem at all (7 ms by request). So it should
not be a
business problem...
However, I have no clue on this 2350 number... and why with 10 or more users
I've
got a blocked server with the previous log from Netty.

Frederic

-----
Hardware/Software Architect