Anyone experiencing 100% CPU consumption in Netty NIO transports?

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:11:32 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

Someone reported that Netty might be vulnerable to the infamous NIO
Selector bug where its fix was not delivered yet:

  * http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6403933
  * http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5135128
  * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-937
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-678

However, I was not contacted by anyone who reports that he or she is
experiencing this issue with Netty, so I'm somewhat hesitant on applying
the ugly workaround, especially considering the fix will be delivered in
the upcoming JDK releases.  If there *is* someone who's experiencing
this issue with Netty, then I will apply the workaround in the
coordination with the problem reporter, because it is pretty difficult
to reproduce the problem.  Personally, I did never encounter this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help