Some nwbie question - how to integrate Netty into WebApp

olekg olekg at pbpolsoft.com.pl
Thu Sep 10 08:14:23 EDT 2009

Hello,

I need to perform some tests of Comet/Streaming solution on various
platforms to provide a set of supported ones for our new product. I have
successfully run the sample application on Tomcat 6 with Servlet
implementing org.apache.catalina.CometProcessor and Iframe based client.

Now I wanted to test similar solution on Netty, but I can see that this is
completly another approach and have no idea how it would work for me.

How to implement async streaming server-side with Netty ? How to integrate
it with AppServer/ServletContainer ? Is it only stand-alone solution ?

any reply will be strongly appreciated

with best regards

Olek, Poznan, Poland