ChannelHandlerContext attachment

mrochon mattrochon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:20:44 EDT 2010

Hi Trustin,

I use the context attachment to store small per-handler stateful
information. I'm wondering about the cleanup strategy on those attachments,
since some of my attachments need to be explicitly cleaned up.

In particular I am using it to store a ZStream object which needs to be
inflateEnd()'ed and free()'ed when the channel is no longer open.

Is there a cleanup facility on these or should I switch to a channelLocal
and clean it up elsewhere?