Keeping track of long-lived connections in HTTP?

Nitrostar nitrostar1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 20:23:33 EDT 2010

Is there a way to detect if someone's been using Keep-alive connections after
X amount of minutes? I'm thinking about adding a timer in style with what
IdleStateHandler does... Would this work?

I guess a better, more direct question is: If I never add the
ChannelFutureListener.CLOSE listener to my ChannelFutures will they remain
opened indefinitely (assuming the client doesn't close them?)

Thanks,
Nitro