Netty 3.2.2.Final released: rock solidity

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 03:58:42 EDT 2010

Hi community,

Netty 3.2.2.Final, another official stable release in 3.2 branch, has
been released.

The Netty project is an effort to provide an asynchronous, event-driven
network application framework and tools for rapid development of
maintainable, high-performance, high-scalability protocol servers and
clients.

In other words, Netty is an NIO client server framework that enables
quick and easy development of network applications such as protocol
servers and clients. It simplifies and streamlines network programming
such as TCP and UDP socket servers

Please visit our web site to get more information and download it.  Your
feed back is more than appreciated - please visit the discussion forum
and leave some comments and questions:

  * http://www.jboss.org/netty/

Articles from the Community Members
===================================
Our Wiki space was not maintained actively enough so far.  I took some
spare time to update the list of assorted articles contributed by the
community.  Please feel free to enjoy what other users found from Netty
and to add one if your article is not listed:

  * http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Netty

What's new since 3.2.1.Final
============================
This release is a stability release which contains the cumulative fixes
for more than dozen community-reported bugs.  I'd like to say a huge
thank you to all those who reported the bugs and waited for the fixes
patiently.  For the detailed list of the fixed issues, please visit the
issue tracker:

  * http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/NETTY

Upcoming Releases
=================
I am thinking of beginning Netty 4.0 which addresses the fundamental
issues such as:

  * upstream/downstream naming confusion
  * OutOfMemoryError caused by too fast writes
  * incomplete HTTP tunneling transport
  * incomplete custom thread naming (DONE)

along with the following new features:

  * HTTP file uploads
  * IP-level firewall
  * traffic counter / shaper
  * JMX integration
  * HTTP and SOCKS proxy support on the client side

Please feel free to join the community and enrich this list to let us
make Netty even better network application framework!

  * http://jboss.org/netty/community.html

Cheers,

what we call human nature in actuality is human habit
http://gleamynode.net/