Performance degradation when more concurrent client request

mubarak.seyed biggdata at gmail.com
Thu May 5 15:31:24 EDT 2011

When we use 30 concurrent client request to Netty server, the response gets
blocked for around 10 seconds and i could not see any exceptions in netty
log.

When i increase the concurrent threads, response gets timed out.
What could be an issue?

We are using OrderedMemoryAwareThreadPoolExecutor.

The configurations are as follows

max_pool=200 (core thread pool size)
max_channel_memory=1048576
max_total_memory=1073741824
keep_alive_time=100
connection_number=100 (max connection number for server channel factory)
connection_time_out=10000

The code would look like

 final OrderedMemoryAwareThreadPoolExecutor pipelineExecutor = new
OrderedMemoryAwareThreadPoolExecutor(
                200,
                1048576,
                1073741824,
                100,
                10000, Executors.defaultThreadFactory());

        bootstrap
                .setPipelineFactory(new ServerChannelPipelineFactory(
                        channelGroup,
                        pipelineExecutor,
                        queue,
                        100, //max connection
                        address, socAddress.getPort()));

        bootstrap.setOption("child.tcpNoDelay", true);
        bootstrap.setOption("child.keepAlive", true);
        bootstrap.setOption("child.reuseAddress", true);
        bootstrap.setOption("child.connectTimeoutMillis", 10000);
        bootstrap.setOption("readWriteFair", true);

Thanks,
Mubarak