How to set connection timeout

jsia24 jsia18 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:23:52 EDT 2011

Hi,
   I am using the http snoop example and making a comet server out of it, so
the client requests and its a long running request, when there is a response
from the server then it writes data to the connection and closes it.
However, if the connection is idle for a particular length of time I would
like to close it.  How can this be done in netty.  I've seen

Timer timer = new HashedWheelTimer();
pipeline.addLast('timeout', new IdleStateHandler(timer, 30, 30, 0));
pipeline.addLast('handler', new MyHandler());

but in the http snoop example it already has
pipeline.addLast('handler', new HttpRequestHandler());

so it produces an error coz I assigned 2 handlers for the parameter handler

Is there a simpler way of doing this?

Thanks,
Jason