Netty maven build dependancy failing

Abraham Menacherry abrahammenacherry at gmail.com
Thu May 19 02:54:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

I want to use maven to build my project which is dependant on Netty. So I
tried to use the following xml. I am maven noob so bear with me if q is
stupid

	repository.jboss.org
	https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/

		false

and dependancy

	org.jboss.netty
	netty
	3.2.4.Final

But I get the following error on mvn compile
Unable to get dependency information for
org.jboss.netty:netty:jar:3.2.4.Final: Failed to process POM for
org.jboss.netty:netty:jar:3.2.4.Final: Non-resolvable parent POM
org.jboss:jboss-parent:5 for org.jboss.netty:netty:3.2.4.Final: Failed to
resolve POM for org.jboss:jboss-parent:5 due to Missing:
1) org.jboss:jboss-parent:pom:5
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.jboss:jboss-parent:pom:5