Netty maven build dependancy failing

Christian Migowski chrismfwrd at gmail.com
Thu May 19 03:06:32 EDT 2011

Unfortunately, Netty cannot be build with a default Maven setup
because its POM does not include it's own repository (which holds
other required deps like jboss parent): I personally think this is
very, very questionable but unfortunately this is "advocated" by the
Maven people themself (no external repos).

You have to add the jboss repository to your local Maven config, Netty
has documentation (links) on how to do this:

http://www.jboss.org/netty/build

hth,
christian!