[resteasy-dev] RESTEASY-1480 - JDK9 build issues

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 05:46:52 EDT 2016

Hi,

Antoine created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RESTEASY-1480 yesterday
and is trying providing a PR for fixing it. I'd like to raise the topic
here as the proposed fix would come with potential migration problems
(judging from the changes, a lot of user would have to fix their apps
when upgrading to new resteasy version). Any thoughts on this?

How about we drop the async-http-servlet-3.0 module and move its few
classes into resteasy-jaxrs module instead? That would prevent the
package rename. Ron, Weinan, do you see any drawbacks in that
considering the reasons that led to creating a different module in the past?

Cheers

Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano