[richfaces-dev] In search of the best way to include RichWidgets resources in RichFaces

Lukáš Fryč richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org
Mon Oct 14 12:22:00 EDT 2013

Even though I would agree with the suggested solution as a temporary workaround,

I wouldn't recommend it for two reasons:

* we are losing fast turnaround (grunt dev / JRebel resource reload)
* we are losing advantage of potential maven/grunt integration which open us possibilities in form of web-development-world tooling (such as JS compilers)...* that could potentially replace our solutions which aren't maintained actively (Resource Optimizer)

Just today, I did several changes in a widget in order to improve it for consumption by JSF bridge code.

I can't imagine I would use copy&paste step you suggested.

----

One solution which would fit proposed solution would be introduction of grunt step which will copy the resources manually to prepared structure, based on on environment issue, e.g.:

export EXTTERNAL_LOCATION=~/richfaces/framework/target/classes/META-INF/resources/richwidgets
grunt dev copy-dist-to-external-location
// once dist/** is updated, it is copied to EXTERNAL_LOCATION, which everyone needs to setup on its own in order to achieve quick turnaround

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/841588#841588