[richfaces-dev] In search of the best way to include RichWidgets resources in RichFaces

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:24:09 EDT 2013

On 13-10-14 09:22 AM, Lukáš Fryč wrote:
> Even though I would agree with the suggested solution as a temporary workaround,
>
> I wouldn't recommend it for two reasons:
>
> * we are losing fast turnaround (grunt dev / JRebel resource reload)

We have to achieve a balance between rapid-widget-turnaround and
build-complexity. I believe the suggested solution *greatly* simplifies
the build. Rapid trunaround can be maintained with either a local
symlink, or by adding a optional copy task to the grunt watch task.

> * we are losing advantage of potential maven/grunt integration which open us possibilities in form of web-development-world tooling (such as JS compilers)...* that could potentially replace our solutions which aren't maintained actively (Resource Optimizer)

Yes, we can re-visit this in the future when both 1) we are ready to
take advantage of such integrations, and 2) when the maven/grunt tooling
is more mature (or we are in a position to actively help develop such
tooling).

Brian