[richfaces-dev] Public Jenkins view

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 09:23:14 EDT 2013

First, let me link to the CI jobs view:
https://ci.jboss.org/hudson/view/Richfaces/

Btw renaming to RichFaces (instead of Richfaces) would be nice, but I'm
aware of legacy links which could potentially link to that.

----

Ad) BADGE

@Juraj, we can certainly publicize a link to Jenkins job which does smoke
tests.

There are two requirements:

   - the job should be satisfactory stable, which means it won't fail
   ocasionally (this does not work on TravisCI atm - stability is ~90%),
   - we can get feedback for a build as quickly as possible (in TravisCI we
   get feedback in 30mins, which is more than I like)

I'm not aware of a way how to publicize the job stability "badge" from
jenkins.

----

Ad) SUFFIXES

I would keep the names as short as possible while staying meaningful.

I won't expect anyone to navigate through structure of labels which no one
can understand.

----

Ad) NAMES FOR PARTICULAR JOBS

richfaces-4.3-qa
richfaces-5.0-qa

richfaces-5.0
(no need to add anything here, it's our basic job which developers suppose
to check before comitting and their failure is considered as a build
failure - the build does not pass criteria)

Otherwise I like all of your suggested names.

+ we have discussed removal of some jobs from this view: vdl-doc,
checkstyle, parent, share-transofrmers

+ we have discussed ftests for other major browsers (complete framework
test run in phantomjs and hopefully chrome)