[richfaces-dev] Public Jenkins view

Juraj Huska jhuska at redhat.com
Fri Oct 18 03:26:11 EDT 2013

Hello all,

my humble opinions inline:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pavol Pitoňák" <ppitonak at redhat.com>
To: richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:21:02 PM
Subject: [richfaces-dev] Public Jenkins view

<Hi,

<I want to make RichFaces view on our public Jenkins useful for QE, developers and community members. In order to accomplish that, we need to minimize the number of jobs that are listed and also make sure that their names describe them. <You can see more detailed description of a job when you open it.

This effort should involve getting bigger audience for the QE work we are doing here. In the Richfaces repository README.md there is only link for Travis. Is it possible to include there also that nice build passing picture which would point to Jenkins public view ?

<This is my proposal:

<following jobs build RF 4.3 git repositories and deploy snapshots to public Maven repository
<* richfaces-4.3-archetypes
<* richfaces-4.3-build
<* richfaces-4.3-components
<* richfaces-4.3-core
<* richfaces-4.3-dev-examples
<* richfaces-4.3-showcase

I am wondering whether jobs which deploy something somewhere should not contain this information in their names ? To clearly distinguish them with just functional tests, to let know a user that manually running that job would result in artifact uploading.

<this matrix job builds whole RichFaces 4.3 and runs unit tests with various JSF implementations (latest Mojarra, latest MyFaces and Mojarra from JBoss AS 7), I propose to use prefix richfaces-4.3
<* richfaces-4.x-all

<these two jobs build richfaces-qa repository and deploy snapshots to private Maven repository, please help me find better names for these two
<* richfaces-4.3-tests
<* richfaces-5.0-tests

some names which come to my mind:
- richfaces-4.3-qa-repository-deployment,
- richfaces-4.3-qa-repository-build,
- richfaces-4.3-tests-repository-deployment
- richfaces-4.3-qa-build
- richfaces-4.3-qa-deployment

<this job builds whole RichFaces 5 git repository, runs unit tests, runs selected functional tests marked as smoke tests in JBoss AS 7 in PhantomJS, it publishes documentation generated from code and deploys Showcase to OpenShift <(broken at the moment)
<* richfaces-5.0

<these jobs build RF 5 git repositories and deploy snapshots to public Maven repository
<* richfaces-5.0-archetypes
<* richfaces-5.0-sandbox

Again, I would add to the names information, that it is deploying to public MVN repo.

<this job runs all RF 5 functional tests in JBoss AS 7 and Firefox, I propose to to rename it to richfaces-5.0-ftest-firefox
<* richfaces-5.0-firefox
+1

<this job builds latest CDK and deploys it to the public Maven repository, I propose to add change prefix to richfaces-4.5
<* richfaces-cdk

<this job builds RF 5 documentation (Developer Guide and Component Reference) and publishes it, I propose to change prefix to richfaces-5.0
<* richfaces-docs

<This is minimal set of Jenkins jobs that we should monitor on daily basis and they should always pass (they should be blue).

<Thanks for your feedback.

<Regards,
<Pavol
<richfaces-dev mailing list