RichFaces 4.5.0.Beta1 - current status

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 00:57:11 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

There are currently 2 outstanding issues in the RichFaces 4.5.0.Beta1
effort:

1) Object-based autocomplete (RF-11453/RF-11332)

2) Placeholder duplicate rendering (RF-13769)

I've got a PoC of 1) working locally.  At least it's a select component
that starts out with an empty suggestion list, and updates it via ajax
once you start typing.  I just need to work out the server-side
filtering function and resolve some buggy behavior on the client.  I
expect to finish tomorrow and it should make a reasonable initial
implementation.

I have not yet had a chance to look into 2).  @Michal if you could dive
a little deeper into that issue tomorrow that would be great.  I can
pick it up with you once I resolve 1).

Cody Lerum has a pull request in with a guava update.  I'll merge that
tomorrow.

With the above issues resolved Beta1 should be in shape for QA.

Brian