File upload widget?

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 15:36:57 EST 2014

On Wed 12 Feb 2014 03:24:41 AM PST, Michal Petrov wrote:

> I've been looking on the server side of things in RF5 and got kinda
> stuck there.

Be sure to reach out to Lukas or myself if you need a hand sorting out
what's going on there.

> I think the first one might be better since it is already a jQuery
> widget and the layout looks similar to what we're aiming for.

Looking at these options Lukas pointed out:

Option 1) http://blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload/basic-plus.html

Pros: MIT license, jQuery based, Bootstrap themed, simple/familiar UI

Option 2)  http://www.dropzonejs.com/

Pros: MIT license, Neat drag/drop UI
Con: Seems limited to a drag/drop UI

I agree with Micha;s assessment that Option 1) seems like a better fit.

Is anyone familiar with any other file upload widgets we should consider?

Brian