File upload widget?

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:33:50 EST 2014

ad) new widget

we might want to do more rigorous search for alternative widgets.

Let's collect requirements here:

* drag-drop
* progress indication
* file size limits
* rejection per file / mime-type

(practically all things original widget had, just client-side)

-----

ad) server-side implementation:

good thing: client-side impl should completely avoid a need for heavyweight
server-side impl

bad thing: we won't be able to get rid of server-side impl /wrt processing
in Servlets < 3.0 (such as 2.5).

In fact, when we would limit ourselves to Servlets 3.0, the code is almost
done (JSF 2.2 already implemented leverages it).
But as JSF impls adopts most of the code for multipart/form-data request
processing from Servlets 3.0, we can use the same path.

~ Lukas