Support for Servlet 3.1

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 15:55:10 EST 2014

On Wed 12 Feb 2014 12:39:46 PM PST, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

> It would be nice to remove one more dependency.

+1.  I don't like the idea of dropping it altogether though.  Many of
the abstractions it introduces are quite useful and lead to cleaner code.

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Cody Lerum
> <richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org <mailto:richfaces-dev at lists.jboss.org>>
> wrote:
>
> Maybe RF shouldn't depend on Guava or at a minimum shouldn't
> depend on anything annotated @Beta as Closables was
> (http://docs.guava-libraries.googlecode.com/git-history/v13.0.1/javadoc/index.html)

+1 for sticking to the stable API.

We could re-explore the idea of shading guava into the richfaces jar
under a different package name.  The downside here is it would be easy
to forget about upgrading the library, however this would no longer
effect user applications nor interact with leaky containers.

Brian