Support for Servlet 3.1

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:17:05 EST 2014

Agree, until Java 8 arrives to masses, Guava is very useful.

----

Shading is certainly an option.

----
I was wondering how much of Guava code we could strip by limiting to just
the classes we use directly/transitively.
With a minimal compilation (minimizeJar [1]) results are not convincing:

1437 classes (original guava) -> 919 (minimized guava - limited to only
what we use / use transitively)

Here is a configuration: https://gist.github.com/lfryc/b86d64c2a20843db0ec2

But no one says we do even need to use it minimizeJar. ;-)

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/shade-mojo.html#minimizeJar