Reworked Editor Component - clarification

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:55:48 EDT 2014

Hey Matej,

good questions.

1) Skinning

For Alpha4 we have decided to do not re-introduce Editor skinning feature
as I think it's not as handy as I originally though during 4.3 development.
In fact getting the skin work was more trouble than actual benefits.

Little bit more context: There is no solid LESS-based CKEditor skin that
could we compile RichWidgets against.

With that said, I don't think it's worth the trouble. The Editor should
have just one skin and if someone wants to change it, he can use generic
CKEditor skinning feature.

2) Inline editor

..works in RichWidgets, but it is not exposed as JSF component setting.

There are several additional steps that needs to be done in order to get
this:
* render a <div contenteditable=true> alongside the <textarea>
* hide <textarea>
* synchronize a content of editor to <textarea>

Again, I don't think it's a must have.

My opinion: let's see whether someone from our community would consider it
handy.

Cheers,

~ Lukas