[rules-dev] drools and google app engine

youknowwho at heroicefforts.net youknowwho at heroicefforts.net
Mon Oct 26 01:33:22 EDT 2009

Lol.  Right now either interpretation sounds pretty good.

I haven't used GAE in a real scenario yet, so I hadn't considered the scaling implications.  Aggregate functionality across waves on a large scale would seem pretty difficult as you'd need some sort of backing store (BigTable I guess) and some mechanism for maintaining data consistency across the cluster.  Behavior applied to a single wave wouldn't seem to be a big deal if there were a mechanism to support pinning/routing.  I'd hope there wouldn't be a need to tightly couple to the GAE environment anyway.  Unfortunately, Google currently locks you into GAE for Wave extensions.

Maybe by the time I've mastered Wave, GAE, and Fusion, Google will have released a  Google Service Bus with transparent routing.  :)