[rules-dev] refactoring drools

Franz Schwab franz.schwab at gmx.net
Fri Apr 9 07:41:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I forgot to post the links I already found:
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RefactoringRules
http://vimeo.com/5157458
But this is very Eclipse-specific. The problem is:
How do you change the design of a big rule based system if the demands
to it changed? Which common practices do exist?
What do you do with code smells, e.g. duplicate rules.
The answers to the rest of your questions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_refactoring

>> be done with drools / jboss rules in order to improve design of a
>> knowledge base
>>
> How do you define "knowledge base"? Does this mean that you have a measure
> for the quality of KBs?

Lets say a rule "based system" instead of "knowledge base" in the terms
of drools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_smell
> ?? If I were inclined to be funny, I'd say you start by opening a window; but so
> I just ask you to be more specific.

No, window is already opened :-)

Thanks, Franz