[rules-dev] Drools trunk build issue - any info?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Jan 14 22:30:45 EST 2010

On 14/01/2010 23:10, petersellars wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I have updated this morning and noticed that the ProviderLocator and
> associated classes have now been removed. I had used these to provide the
> UserResource for custom Drl rule implementation. I notice there is now a
> ServiceRegistry - so am assuming I now need to refactor my implementation
> to use this in order to provide a custom Drl rule resource (which can be
> set via the services property file)? Am I correct in this assumption?
The ServiceLocator and  OSGi locator where community contributed, ripped
from another project.
And to be honest way to complicated for needs, we really don't need
discovery for this. So I'm
doing a hard coded version, where containers can inject impl.

I'm refactoring this as part of thet OSGi work, it'll change just a bit
more over next day or two.

> For your information I am also experiencing the following failure when
> performing an mvn -DskipTests clean install
>
> [INFO] Compilation failure
> C:\Documents and Settings\ps1336\workspace\tohu\JBoss-Trunk
> \drools-decisiontable
> s\src\test\java\org\drools\decisiontable\parser\xls
> \ExcelParserTest.java:[95,11]
>  org.drools.decisiontable.parser.xls.ExcelParserTest.MockCell is not
> abstract an
> d does not override abstract method getCellFeatures() in jxl.Cell
i'll double check that myself later today.

mark