[rules-dev] Guvnor build changes summary => soyc

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 07:19:42 EDT 2010

> great work Geoffrey !

Tnx, Toni helped out too and the QA guys and Tihomir are looking to port
it to the branch (which might prove difficult since I did the
indentation style changes in the pom.xml before the build changes commits).

 > Are you going to remove the ant script (build.xml)?

Yes, once the version filtering is in place and there's an alternative
for the standalone build. I 'll also remove some of the jars under the
lib dir in svn.

A new feature we found is soyc, "the story of your compile" for GWT
compiles.
After compiling guvnor, open this in your browser:

drools-guvnor/target/extra/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/soycReport/compile-report/index.html
and you can see some info about how and what GWT compiled (permutations
etc).

The gwt-maven-plugin is very good, just had a bunch of problems because
GWT and JDT-JCE don't play togheter nice, see:
   http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=5290
   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MGWT-219
I had to make a tmp fork of the gwt-maven-plugin with MGWT-219 patched,
but there's talk that GWT 2.1 will fix it thoroughly.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet