[rules-dev] Guvnor build changes summary

esteban.aliverti at gmail.com esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 19:06:46 EDT 2010

Geoffrey, again, great work!
But I have a question for you. I'm trying to run/debug guvnor without
eclipse.
Thanks to your work, now I am able to execute *mvn gwt:compile* without
modify the pom.xml file! That is great.
Then I run Guvnor doing:* mvn -Dgwt.module=org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor
-DrunTarget=org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/Guvnor.html gwt:debug*

Everything seams to look right. I get this output:

*Preparing gwt:debug*
*[resources:resources]*
*Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.*
*Copying 29 resources*
*[compiler:compile]*
*Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date*
*[gwt:debug]*
*starting debugger on port 8000 in suspend mode*
*You're project declares dependency on gwt-user 2.0.4. This plugin is
designed for version 2.1-20101001.MGWT219*
*create exploded Jetty webapp in
/home/esteban/plugTree/trunkTMP/drools-guvnor/target/drools-guvnor*
*Your POM <build><outputdirectory> does not match your hosted webapp
WEB-INF/classes folder for GWT Hosted browser to see your classes.*
*Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000*

Now, when I try to attach a debugger (in my case, using Netbeans), I get the
following behavior:

   1. The GWT Development Mode console appears
   2. After a few seconds, the Startup URL appears in the combobox
   3. At this point, I have some warnings in "Development Mode" and "Jetty"
   tabs. (probably you are using tomcat, but should be the same)
   4. When I try to enter Guvnor using firefox, a new tab appears in the GWT
   Development Mode (which is the expected behavior), but a lot of errors
   appear there. The errors are because the source code of ide.common packages
   can't be found.

I'm attaching a screenshot showing the error:

[image: Screenshot.png]

The questions are: do you know how is eclipse running guvnor? Does it use
maven at all? Am I missing any argument when running gwt:debug goal?

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com