[rules-dev] Guvnor build changes summary

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Thu Oct 14 06:05:18 EDT 2010

Hi Geoffrey, Esteban,

The Eclipse GWT Plugin in essence calls out to GWT's
com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode and does not use maven.

I think half the problem could be the disjoint between the default paths
used by maven compared to the default paths used by gwt i.e. they are
different: mvn uses src/main/webapp by default whereas gwt prefers /war.
It looks like you can bring the two inline
http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/war-folder.html but
I haven't tried it. A warning to this effect is in the log you show
"Your POM <build><outputdirectory> does not match your hosted webapp
WEB-INF/classes folder for GWT Hosted browser to see your classes." I
think the classes are JIT'ed so you won't get any errors until launching
your browser. I also think the "target" folder
("/home/esteban/plugTree/trunkTMP/drools-guvnor/target/drools-guvnor")
is a GWT1.6 hang-over and wonder whether Guvnor is fully GWT2.x or a
hybrid of bits and pieces that wouldn't help matters.

Not wanting to tread on toes.

With kind regards,

Mike