[rules-dev] Eponymous class confusion?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Sep 8 17:39:04 EDT 2010

  On 08/09/2010 21:19, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
> Is this intentional or just the aftermath of past evolution? I don't
> see the point of having two defaults.
>
> org.drools.base.DefaultConsequenceExceptionHandler
> org.drools.runtime.rule.impl.DefaultConsequenceExceptionHandler
>
> and, thrown from these:
>
>  org.drools.spi.ConsequenceException
>  org.drools.runtime.rule.ConsequenceException
I beleive it's historical, we couldn't expose the old api to the user so
had to do a new api, which required to implementations.
core code is very messy from having ot keep backwards compatability with
4.x and even 3.x.

The good news is that we think drools-api has been there long enough
that we can start to clean all this up now :)

Mark