[rules-dev] Another mvel problem - see user list, today

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Aug 19 12:11:11 EDT 2011

On 19/08/2011 17:07, Mark Proctor wrote:
> On 19/08/2011 16:45, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
>> I'll not create any JIRAs for problems that come and go with the
>> presence and absence of dialect "mvel".
>>
>> After one of those, Mark has urged me to create another JIRA for
>> MVEL, and this I just won't do. For me, as a /Drools /user, this
>> project /Drools /has adopted MVEL as a vehicle for primary expression
>> and statement evaluation; since 5.2.0 it seems that I don't have a
>> choice for some parts of the Drools language. For me, this means that
>> the full responsibility now rests with the Drools team - I cannot
>> simply work around by sticking with 'dialect "java"'.
The best way to get MVEL fixed is to submit unit tests. Such as the
examples here:
https://github.com/mvel/mvel/blob/master/src/test/java/org/mvel2/tests/core/CoreConfidenceTests.java

Mike isn't religious about jiras, but he will insist on a unit test.
Using a github fork to write the unit test and then submit a pull
request is trivial to do.