[rules-dev] Guvnor 5.2.0.M1.x : Maven config fix

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 04:36:25 EST 2011

Hi Sayhi,

Thanks for noticing this issue and creating a patch.

Unfortunately I cannot accept and apply this patch because:
- By changing the build resources to only include
src/main/resources/**/*.gwt.xml, it breaks the backend which needs other
resources out of src/main/resources.
- By changing the build resources to include the java files from
src/main/java, it clutters the deployed jars and dirties the build
(those things are in source jars already).
- It's stale when compared to master on https://github.com/droolsjbpm/guvnor
-- drools-factconstraints has been removed some time already on master
-- droolsjbpm-ide-common is ne
- The changes are obfuscated with style changes that do not follow our
guidelines.
-- See README https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-build-bootstrap
--- More specifically about indentation

I believe a much better way to deal with the gwt:run problem is to fix
this issue:
   https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-1196
But that's stuck on the fact that I don't know if and how
intellij/eclipse can deal with hosted mode in that structure.
Any experiments and data to answer that question will help that issue
forward.

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet