[rules-dev] git branches origin/<username>

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 08:25:06 EST 2011

> But Drools isn't being developed according to some standard
> Development Life Cycle.
Not true, but the development process should be documented more. See
/README.txt
We have plenty of things already set-up. Most recently we defined they
idea focusing on "branch day" instead of "release day".
Feel free to open discussions on any other improvements we should do:
you're right there's much to do. But 1 at a time please, so people can
adjust to them.

Next thing is the split-up of the build and repositories (if possible).
After that we'll look into a lieutenant git model per repository, which
is basically the coordination CM role you speak of :)

Op 03-01-11 14:49, Wolfgang Laun schreef:
> OK, locally I can do whatever. But how am I supposed to get my work up
> to remote and master? Merge locally and then push?
>
> 10+ years with CM in my organisation have shown us that branched work
> is best integrated into the main (master) branch by some coordinating
> CM role. But Drools isn't being developed according to some standard
> Development Life Cycle.
>
> -W
>

> On 3 January 2011 14:38, ge0ffrey <ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
> <mailto:ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Imo, topic branches should be local
>     or remote on a fork.
>     i dont think we should litter reference with remote topic branches.
>     it should only have release branches.
>     look at hibernate on github.
>     --

With kind regards,