[rules-dev] Drools running in Google App Engine - list of changes made to code

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 03:17:16 EST 2011

> What is the best way of submitting the actual code changes for review
> and possible inclusion as part of the Drools source code?
First fork it on github, do your commits to your fork and then send us a
pull request.
We can easily review the changes of the pull request with the github
interface, sending you feed-back, so you can make addition adjustments
(if needed) before we merge it into the reference master.

Op 17-01-11 20:25, Paul Browne schreef:
> Folks,
>
> A little bit later than expected (!) I've managed to get Drools
> running within Google App Engine.
>
> A list of the changes that I made to the Drools Core and Drools Util
> code are below. A lot of these changes are NullPointer checks when
> reading properties from a file (i.e. things that you might want in the
> codebase anyway).
>
> Notes on the sample I used to try this out are at
> http://code.google.com/p/red-piranha/wiki/ModifyDroolsRunInGoogleAppEngine
> The sample (for the moment) is running a pre-built KnowledgeBase
> within GAE (i.e. no rule compilation, nor any of the advanced features).
>
> What is the best way of submitting the actual code changes for review
> and possible inclusion as part of the Drools source code?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
> *Drools Core *
>
>   AbstractRuleBase.java// line 265 surrounded by try / catch
>
>        this.config=  (RuleBaseConfiguration)  droolsStream.readObject();
>   RuleBaseConfiguration.java// - line 985 surround by try / catch
>
>           this.classLoader=  ClassLoaderUtil.getClassLoader
>   RuleBaseConfiguration.java// line 395  surround by try / catch
>
>       this.chainedProperties=  new  ChainedProperties(  "rulebase.conf",
>   RuleBaseConfiguration.java// line 457 surround by try / catch, default Conflict Resolver
>
>            setConflictResolver(  determineConflictResolver(  this.chainedProperties.getProperty(  "drools.conflictResolver",
>
> *Drools Util *
>
>   ChainedProperties.java// line 98 - exception check around ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();
>   ChainedProperties.java// line 125 - exception check around ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();
>   ChainedProperties.java// line 160
>          -  null  checkfor  properties/keyand  return  default
>   ChainedProperties.java// line 240 - surround by try / catch for securityaccessexception
>
>      if  (  file!=  null  &&  file.exists()  )  {
>   ChainedProperties.java// line 270 - surround by try / catch for securityaccessexception
>
>      if  (  file!=  null  &&  file.exists()  )  {
>   ClassFieldInspector.java// line 166 -
>           return  "/"  +  clazz.getCanonicalName()  +  ".class";
>   ClassLoaderUtil.java// line 25 - surround by try / catch for securityaccessexception
>
>       ClassLoader  systemClassLoader=

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet