[rules-dev] Once more: why, why, why is this user-provided information hidden?

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Feb 14 14:52:48 EST 2012

On 14/02/2012 04:51, Davide Sottara wrote:
> Wolfgang, could you please open a JIRA for this?
This is related to my reluctance to expose agenda-groups, salience
grousp and other rule meta data on the Rule interface.

Part of my reason for that is we only just got a clean api and we know
that agenda-group, ruleflow-group etc will be changed. So I'm trying to
be forward thinking on not bloating the external api. Also where does it
end? Do we expose the entire LHS/RHS, etc?

A compromise is we could create a secondary helper class that will get
those attributes values.
RuleMetaHelper.getSalience( rule );
RuleMetaHelper.getAgendaGroup( rule );
RuleMetaHelper.getRuleflowGroup( rule );