[rules-users] Asserting new Facts in RHS...

jdepaul jjdepaul at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 19 17:07:43 EDT 2007

I'm trying to assert a new Fact based on a condition, but I dont know how to
assert a new Fact with a specific attribute in it.  I'm trying this - why
doesn't this syntax work:

rule "Assert new Target Records"
	when
	  $one   : RKEM_TARGET ( EQPNO == "1") &&
	  $three : RKEM_TARGET ( EQPNO == "3")

	then
                // Assert the missing Equipment number record
		$two : new RKEM_TARGET();
		$two.setEQPNO("2");  // Set attribute
                assert( $two );  <-- This does NOT work...
end

How do you assert a new Fact with a specific value in the attribute(s)?

THanks,
James