[rules-users] no-loop

Shai Bentin shai at bentin.org
Thu Aug 9 08:44:03 EDT 2007

I have a rule which I've added 'no-loop' to.

In RHS is change properties on a bean I have in the working memeory. I use a propertyChange listener to notify the working memory of this change. As I understand, by using 'no loop' in the rule, after being activated that first time it should not have run again, but it does and I get an endless loop.

here is an example: This rule was written in drools 3.0.6 but currently we are running on the lates 4GA release

rule "seniority_11"
     salience 70
     activation-group "seniority"
     agenda-group "borrowers"
     no-loop true
     when
         borrower:BorrowerLocal()
         eval (borrower:getSeniorityAtWork() == null || borrower.getSenorityAtWork <=6)
         person: PersonLocal(employmentTypeVlId == "EMPLOYED")
         approvalParams: ApprovalParams(numOfExceptions >= 0)
      then
            approvalParams.setNumOfExceptions(approvalParams.getNumOfExceptions() + 1);
end

Any ideas