[rules-users] Drools 4.0 Migrating

Saleem Lakhani Saleem.Lakhani at citizensfla.com
Thu Aug 16 16:01:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am very new to Drools. I need to know from where I can get some
resources on DSL Syntax in 4.0. Examples etc. I am working on a project
which used Drools 3 and my job is to upgrade it to 4.0. I am able to get
everything compiled but getting stuck at loading DSLs. For example: I am
getting an exception like:

 An exception occurred while attempting to parse a Validation rule in
ABC

Failed to add the compiled rule package to the RuleBase cause by: Unable
to resolve ObjectType 'orRiskTO' : [Rule name=Certificate]

Unable to resolve ObjectType 'orRiskTO' : [Rule name=Certificate,
agendaGroup=Rating, salience=0, no-loop=false]

Rule Compilation error : [Rule name=Dwellings, agendaGroup=Rating,
salience=0, no-loop=false]

            rating/Rule_Dwellings_0.java (36:39) : A method named
"intValue" is not declared in any enclosing class nor any supertype, nor
through a static import

            at org.drools.rule.Package.checkValidity(Package.java:409)

            at
org.drools.common.AbstractRuleBase.addPackage(AbstractRuleBase.java:262)

            at
com.citizens.ratebook.RatebookRuleBaseFactory.buildValidationsRulebase(R
atebookRuleBaseFactory.java:168)

            ... 29 more

thanks

Saleem Lakhani