[rules-users] Do exported BRMS repositories maintain version history?

Shahad Ahmed shahad.ahmed2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:34:38 EDT 2007

I've come across an issue with exporting and importing a BRMS repository
backups, which I'm not sure is a feature or a bug.
I have a package that contains a bunch of rules I've developed. I've
modified and saved rules, so that most of the rules have a fairly long
history when you select the Version History in the rule view.

If I export the repository in the Admin/Manage Backups section and then
import the repository into a clean BRMS installation, all the version
history of the rules seems to be lost. The rules still have the correct
version attribute (e.g. version: 8 etc), but when you click on the View
History link it just says No History. Its not clear to me whether this is
the expected behaviour, although I would have thought that the repository
backup would save the history as well.

If you actually export and then re-import the rules into the same BRMS
installation, then the history is maintained – however, I suspect that is
purely by chance as the underlying repository is not being cleaned up by the
import option?

Regards,
Shahad