[rules-users] decision tables and 'default' or 'else' conditions

Joost de Vries drools at ziener.org
Wed Feb 7 04:27:53 EST 2007

Hi,

We're using excel decision tables to specify our business rules.
In one column we enumerate several condition values and describe a specific
effect.
We'd like to offer business analysts te possibility of describing succinctly
what the effect is 'for all other values'.
That could be described as an 'else' or 'default' rule.

In other words; we don't want to burden business analysts with the necessity
to enumerate all other values.

What is the right way to do that?

Thanks for you help.

groetjes,