[rules-users] decision tables and 'default' or 'else' conditions

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Wed Feb 7 06:29:06 EST 2007

    Joost,

    Unfortunatelly, there is no feature implemented for that. But we are
discussing, specially the semantics we want to define to such statements
( we call them "else" and "otherwise" ).
    If you have a real use case and you can describe it for us, it may
help on deciding which way to go, and at the same time fullfil your
needs in the future.

    Our biggest questions are:

* should the "else/otherwise" part be fired only once if no rule is
triggered? or should it fire for each tuple that does not trigger
previous rules? What if rules in the "otherwise" group use different
tuples to activate?

* should "else/otherwise" apply to the whole LHS of the rules? Or should
there be a way to specify only part of the LHS (like a tag)?

    Input welcome.

    Edson