[rules-users] Creating a long literal

Aziz Boxwala boxwala at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 09:34:37 EST 2007

You're right. The L causes a syntax error at compile time.

  Outside, an eval, I ran into range problems. I was trying to multiply a bunch of integers. The product was outside the range of an integer and I ended up with garbage. One way around it would have been to force the operands of the multiplication to a long.

  I don't have a unit test but I'll slap one together.

  --Aziz

Michael Neale <michael.neale at gmail.com> wrote:
  hmmm.. in an eval it *should* work - I assume there is a compile error that mentions the L ?

well this should not be a problem in 3.2, but for 3.0.x we can certainly look at it if you have a unit test.

A literal outside of an eval shouldn't be needed - as the type is inferenced from the facts automatically.

  On 2/3/07, Aziz Boxwala <boxwala at yahoo.com> wrote:    Is there a way to create a long literal in a rule condition?

  Typing 30L results in a syntax error because of the L at the end. The error occurs even if I put this literal in eval.

  --Aziz