[rules-users] Adding DROOLS/JBoss Rules to classpath

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Wed Feb 7 20:33:05 EST 2007

Yes, the drools jars do not contain any source by default (to limit the size of the jars).
There are two ways to use the source of these classes though:
 * When you are trying to debug an application in eclipse, and you open the debug dialog (right click your Java main class, select Debug As -> Debug ...), there is a tab there you can use to add sources.  If you download the sources from svn and import these as Java projects in eclipse, you can just add those projects to the source lookup path.  I added a screenshot to help you out with that.
 * If you add the sources to the drools jars directly (in the same dir as the corresponding class files, so not in a separate src dir or something like that), those sources will be found automatically as well.  So rebuilding those jars and adding the sources should do the trick for all your projects at once.

Kris