[rules-users] Re: [rules-dev] M1 sneak preview

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sun Feb 11 14:55:10 EST 2007

We are still preparing some release notes, and overviews for this
release, before we announce it. But for the brave here are some links to
binaries:
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrules/downloads/3.1.0-M1/jbossrules-ide-3.1.0-M1-bin.zip
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrules/downloads/3.1.0-M1/drools-3.1.0-M1-bin-withdeps.zip
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossrules/downloads/3.1.0-M1/drools-examples-3.1.0-M1-src.zip

The only drl incompatabilities, that i'm aware of, at this stage is:
Primitives are no longer auto-boxed, as we can handle primitives
natively now - so code that expected a wrapped primitive will fail to
compile.
We now implement shadow facts, which means for the moment classes and
methods must not be final and implement a default constructor.

To indicate this is a "project" preview, it is being released under the
drools project name, when it comes time to final, we'll tag and release
as jboss rules.

Mark