[rules-users] Shadow Facts don't require default no-arg constructor anymore

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Feb 22 18:45:00 EST 2007

   All,

   As some of you trying out 3.1M1 already noticed, we were requiring
all classes of facts asserted into working memory to have a no-arg
default public constructor. This was because shadow facts are
implemented as lazy proxies internally in the engine, even not being
"accessible" from external world.
   Today I inlined and integrated Objenesis
(http://objenesis.googlecode.com/svn/docs/index.html) into drools-core
as a way to avoid that. Objenesis team did a pretty good job in their
project and I can say I'm really happy with the results. Facts don't
need any special constructor anymore.
   So far, all my tests passed and I found no problem. Although, I would
like to ask those of you trying out new drools version in different
environments (Application Servers, Security Managers, OSs and JVMs) to
checkout and try trunk code. Please let us know if you encounter any odd
exception.

   Work was done under: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-700

   Thank you,
     Edson