[rules-users] debugging with 3.1M1 IDE?

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Fri Feb 23 07:17:31 EST 2007

OK, thanks.

It's my turn for a problem though!

When I've stopped at a breakpoint in my project the "Working Memory" and "Agenda" views are empty. I've tried with a clean install of Eclipse 3.2.1 and they're still both empty.

Less importantly, when testing the plug-in with the bundled "HelloWorld" project created automatically from the "new Jboss Rules Project wizard" variables in the "Variable" view have the correct name (e.g. "m" and "message" for the "HelloWorld" example) whereas when creating a project from scratch (i.e. importing 3.1-M1 jars manually) the variable names show as "arg0" through "arg1", "arg2" etc. I am also shown some additional objects "DefaultKnowledgeHelper" and "DefaultFactHandle". Is this a consequence of ShadowFacts?

I am using 3.1-M1 of both the IDE plug-in and DROOLS.

Cheers,

Mike