[rules-users] accessing the data base

Francisco Brum francisco.brum at link.pt
Tue Feb 27 10:25:36 EST 2007

Hi believe that I have found the answer, but it is only available in the new 3.1M1 release, right?

Answer:

            'from'

*	http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-341

'from' allows the engine to reason over data not inside the engine, this can be used with global variables to interact with data providing services, such as hibernate. MVEL provides the scripting language capabilities for this, any previously bound variable can be used in the MVEL expression. The following example shows a hibernate named query with some dummy properties that returns a list of Restaurants. Restaurant() is a standard pattern, and can have its own field constraint and bindings like any other pattern.

    $r : Restaurant( $postCode ) from hbSession.getNamedQuery( "some query" ).setProperties( [ key1 : value2, key2 : value ] ).list()

Francisco Brum - francisco.brum at link.pt <mailto:rui.arrenega at link.pt>
Link Consulting - http://www.link.pt/ <http://www.link.pt/>

Tel.: 213 100 031
Av. Duque D'Ávila, 23 4º Esq.